Tutorial Monday- Made's Shirt Dress

Monday, September 28, 2009

 In an effort to brighten up Monday mornings around here and organize my ever-growing list of tutorials I love (or would love to try), I am going to start posting a fun tutorial each Monday afternoon/night with pictures of my "attempt". This first one is from MADE. Dana, the mama behind MADE actually used a men's shirt for her little one's dress, and I have plans to do that as well, but in order to try to make my pattern and get sizing right, I made this one first with some knit fabric I had on hand. I probably won't make another dress from this pattern in another knit fabric- it was extremely difficult to work with on the neck and sleeves. But the pattern worked well, and with a few small tweaks (maybe an inch smaller around the neckline), I think it will be a good basic pattern with lots of options for customization. And it was a fairly quick project, under an hour if I hadn't been interrupted. :) Unfortunately, my model didn't cooperate very well for pictures.

The Shirt Dress


My silly girl with her mouth full of cheese crackers.


I really wanted some cute pictures of her in her house, but all she was interested in was cheese crackers.



Coming back for more!



Please mama?



 


1 comment:

Post a Comment