"Cam's Ribs"

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I've been trying out recipes right and left here lately, and one of my favorite cookbooks has been Fix, Freeze, and Feast. I wish I would photograph more of my cooking, but I never think about it until after dinner is devoured and dirty plates are in the sink. Not super aesthetically pleasing. But, here's what we had a few nights ago.

ribs
This was my first attempt at ribs, but it was much easier than I expected. A little time consuming, but worth it. This recipe is meant to be prepared in large quantities and frozen, but here it is divided into one meal and prepared right away:

Cam's Ribs
1 "rack" of boneless country-style ribs (about 3lbs)
1  cup of ketchup
1/2 cup red wine vinegar (I used balsamic vinegar instead)
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tbsp minced onion
1/2 tbsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper

Place ribs in a large stockpot and cover with water. Mix other ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Simmer ribs about 1 hour, or until tender. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

yummy right?
It gets better.

Drain the ribs and place in an ungreased baking dish. Pour sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, basting ribs every 10 minutes (honestly, I forgot and only did this a couple of times) for 1 hour.

And devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment